Wisdom Panel 4.0 Breed Identification Dog DNA Testing Kit
Canine DNA Test Kit 4.0
Discover the hidden secrets in your dog's DNA with the world's leading canine DNA test!
Curious where your dog comes from? Maybe you adopted him from a local shelter or found her abandoned with no tags? Wondering about what breed he might be or his intelligence or susceptibility to disease? The Wisdom Panel 3.0 DNA test kit may provide just the answers you are looking for about your four-legged family member.
Wisdom Panel 4.0 Canine DNA Test provides you with unprecedented accuracy to detect the breeds in your dog's ancestry as well as the important health information. We feature the largest breed database on the market - more than 250 breeds, types, and varieties (including wolf and coyote genetic marker detection) - the more breeds, the better accuracy
In addition we hold the only commercial license in the United States from Washington State University for the use of the potentially lifesaving drug sensitivity screening for the MDR1 mutation. Dogs with tihs mutation can hae issues processing common drugs. Letting your veterinarian know can keep your dog safe during common procedures like teeth cleaning and surgeries.
The more you know about your dog's ancestry, the better you can plan for behavior modification training, nutritional needs, and breed or genetic-related health issues. Simply put, the more you know about the breeds in your dog, the easier it is to keep them healthy and happy.
- The largest breed database of any DNA test in the world: covering more than 250 breeds, types, and varieties (including 99% of all AKC breeds, wolf and coyote, and more)
- The only officially licensed canine DNA test in the US to offer the potentially life-saving MDR1 drug sensitivity screening at no extra charge. This is a genetic mutation test that can identify multi-drug sensitivity and may assist in the prevention of serious or fatal drug reactions).
- This single test allows you to test Mixed Breed, Purebred or Designer Dog breed ancestry going back 3 generations (to great-grandparents)
- Tested and proven - more than 850,000 tests run on dogs from around the world
- Pre-paid shipping to send your swabs to the lab
- Fast results - results are ready in only 2-3 weeks after the sample arrives
- You can uncover DNA-based insights that may help you understand your dog's unique appearance, behaviors and wellness needs
- Cutting-edge technology scans more than 1,800 pre-determined genetic markers and covers the whole genome rather than 25 chromosomes to identify the most accurate breed matches.
- Customized interactive report offers extensive information about each breed found - including behavior, traits, and history. This information can provide you with a better understanding of your dog's behavior and allows you to create a more effective training program and an effective care and wellness plan.
- A predicted weight range profile: to help you make appropriate nutrition and diet choices
- Ancestry certificate suitable for framing
- Access to the customer care team for report questions and trait analysis
- Ability to upload a photo of your dog to further customize your report
How does it work?
This kit uses a simple cheek swab (completely painless to your dog) and will provide you with a wealth of information. Testing is as easy as 1-2-3...swab your dog, activate your kit, mail it in!
1. Simply collect a skin cell sample from the inside of your dog's cheek with the included swabs.
2. Activate your test online at the official website and mail the swabs back to our laboratory with the provided postage-paid shipping label.
3. Within three weeks you will receive an e-mail with your dogs ancestry report.
Your dog's test kit will include:
- 2 DNA cheek swabs – all for use on one dog
- Drying insert for swabs
- Pre-paid shipping label and envelope